Yeah, it is rough. I personally have taken up meditation. No, I am not one of those who was just waiting for an excuse to take up meditation.
Obviously since I frequent this site I believe my DD 3 1/2 is extremely bright, but she is one of the intense ones. that intensity is often hilarious, entertaining, awe inspiring, cute, but then at mid night..... No Go to bed!!!

There are also the melt downs:
No, I want you to pick me up...
No don't pick me up...
No, I want you to pick me up...
No, don't pick me up...
Then it degrade from there.

It does help to realize that she is frustrated too.

Now my dd will even start saying herself, "I know I need to control my emotions, but is so hard." I do realize when she is saying this that she really is trying very hard to control her emotions, but they are just too big for her.

One analogy that I read about gifted kids is the funnel theory. With kids like my daughter who understand the world very well, they take in far too much information that is far too emotionally challenging for them to handle. They understand real very bad things that can happen, but they do not have the life experience to understand probability. Yes this bad thing might happen, but it is not very likely.

Last edited by it_is_2day; 09/26/15 10:28 PM.