Psychomotor OE or just terrible two? Background if you don't know: I have two boys... first is mellow, rule-follower, easy-going PG DS5...and then there's the little brother. A little over 2 years old. No idea if he's gifted...he's verbally precocious for sure, and clearly a bright kid... but he has SO MUCH INTENSITY. Because older DS has always been easy-going, calm, and rational, I'm not sure if just don't know what a 'normal' two year old personality is like, or if DS2 is more extreme than just normal two. Saying that I want to throw him through the wall often is probably not the best way to start, lol. But it's true. He understands everything, but doesn't like to listen; he is dramatic, he argues, he tantrums....and it's all...it's just so much. Even positive emotions, happy and excited is a lot. He just has so much aggressive, emotional energy...and is a jumping, leaping, tumbling, tackling maniac. (Funnily enough, he is also the one that turns everything into a magic wand and insists that he is Princess Anna, haha). In short, he's exhausting. I don't know what else to do, besides try and get through it. Time outs don't work. Yelling doesn't work. Talking quietly to try and calm doesn't work. It's just constant....extreme, in your face intensity. I don't know how else to describe it. I see other kids and even when they are energetic, they don't seem to have the kind of all-encompassing extremity of personality and physicality. Or maybe I just want an excuse for having trouble keeping it together. Tell me I'm not crazy. Tell me it gets better.

it's been a rough few weeks.