An update to this gripping human drama. smile

DS had a good day on Wednesday. The LA teacher met one on one with him and they agreed on some accommodations. He can write his stories about animals, and can talk about the animals needs (food, clean water, shelter, avoiding predators) rather than human emotions. DS is still struggling a bit, but overall this is a big win and I am starting to like this LA teacher.

Yesterday was not as good, but wasn't necessarily that bad either.

During morning announcements, DS heard an announcement for a club for a particular type of student. He became upset and left the classroom, because he thought it was discriminatory. He never went to any class all day, and stayed in the office. He did manage to do some assignments, so he didn't have too much homework last night. But he missed a lot of in-class instruction again.

The assistant principal was very understanding. This guy used to be the school psychologist and seems to get 2e. No punishments or repercussions for his behavior.

I actually praised him last night because he didn't get upset, shout or yell at anyone. He remained calm and non-confrontational. This is a step in the right direction. I wish he'd stop missing class, but at least we didn't have another meltdown.

One day at a time.