DD is reporting that the obsessional thoughts are interfering with attention and EF to some degree. It doesn't seem to be severe, but she says it can happen.

Teachers have occasionally noted that DD takes a long time to complete work, but that it also tends to be exceptional work. She always finishes tests on time, if not early. At home, we find that she is rather distractible, except when she's not (and it's not really hyperfocus...just, sometimes it's better and sometimes not). She is talkative and extroverted and that's part of it. If we isolate her, she will work faster, but she hates it. I will go through phases of thinking it's really bad and then I'm around boys her age and she looks like a paragon of focus and maturity. OTOH, compared to some girls we know she looks all over the place. FWIW, DH probably has some subclinical ADHD-I. It's not terrible, but it's there. It looks a lot like his daughter, actually. His EF is low, but he compensates by being exceptionally good at things and doing a beautiful, careful job on them as long as he can find them and hand them in. (And this confuses me, because isn't ADHD often also about being careless?) Both of them have messy desks and rooms but beautiful handwriting and a gorgeous artistic aesthetic and ability.