Originally Posted by ultramarina
She was screened with a computer screener for ADHD as part of a CAPD eval at age 8 (passed both eval and screener with flying colors). She was eval'ed for depression and anxiety at age 9 and was borderline for both, more diagnosable on anxiety. With this new practice, we all completed multiple screeners for ADHD (we requested this particularly) depression, anxiety, apparently OCD, and who even knows what else. Kit and caboodle, seemed like. They were not convinced by these results to do an ADHD eval, but said they'd get to know her better and see whether it seemed indicated. We had one appointment where she looked COMPLETELY ADHD to me so maybe they'll do one now!
I thought of something else: my DS also passed the computerized ADHD thing with flying colors in second grade (during regular psych eval).

Nobody in their right mind could argue that DS isn't extraordinarily impaired in executive function--he takes 10 minutes to put on a sock, for instance. No matter what I do. It is the most pronounced feature of his ASD so neuropsych retained ADHD diagnosis.

A girl with ADHD-I (without impulsivity/hyperactivity) is likely to just look like a space cadet. Teachers really only seem to express concern when there are disruptive classroom behaviors associated. My DS doesn't have hyperactivity but is *kind of* (not terribly) impulsive, in that he will interrupt/blurt/talk too much. I think that is really more a social skill thing for him than impulsivity, though.