he can become very worried/fixated at school about something like "my leg hurt while I was climbing the stairs--I wonder what that could be?"

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing DD is reporting. And it is apparently bad enough at school that it is a distraction. But it's new that it's bad enough to make her be off in space at school, though she has been described as "spacey" off and on her whole life by some adults (yet she has always also been a straight A student). Of note, she is starting to experience the very beginnings of puberty.

All this to say: it doesn't seem so surprising, giving your description of DD as ASD/ADHD-ish, that she has this thing going on. Has she had a neuropsych eval

Not....exactly. Oh, I don't even KNOW what she's had anymore. She was informally assessed for ASD by early intervention as part of another assessment for large motor delay at age 3 (they thought I was nuts, and she did not qualify for large motor delay either). She was screened with a computer screener for ADHD as part of a CAPD eval at age 8 (passed both eval and screener with flying colors). She was eval'ed for depression and anxiety at age 9 and was borderline for both, more diagnosable on anxiety. With this new practice, we all completed multiple screeners for ADHD (we requested this particularly) depression, anxiety, apparently OCD, and who even knows what else. Kit and caboodle, seemed like. They were not convinced by these results to do an ADHD eval, but said they'd get to know her better and see whether it seemed indicated. We had one appointment where she looked COMPLETELY ADHD to me so maybe they'll do one now! I also asked them to be aware for the need for ASD eval. The psych said she didn't think this was needed based on her observations.

So we have had a lot of random psych stuff but I guess never a full diagnostic eval. I think? We did spend hours filling out forms?

DD has a way of not looking ASD even though IMO she has a ton of things about her that subtly show it. She does not meet the criteria if we look at them in a formal sense. Most importantly, she is highly functional socially, even popular. But man, there are a lot of things about her that fit.