Originally Posted by greenlotus
-Coming up is "meet the teacher". Do I bring up the 504 info then? Very little time to do so. If not then, when or should I wait for DD to revert back to losing everything so I can prove my point (she lost her lunch yesterday so didn't get to eat).

-No one is following the 504 at this point. Go to the counselor (she's in charge of 504's)?

-I want the "email in homework" clause in the 504. My fear is that it won't be allowed at this time since she is doing well. Shall I sit on it for awhile?

Thanks in advance!!!
At our school, "meet the teacher" wouldn't be an appropriate place to bring up 504 since it's all the kids, their parents, kind of open house and sign up for conferences thing. Trying to discuss accommodations would be like trying to get information in the carline. YMMV

Yes, tell the counselor about 504 compliance.

I don't know how successful you'll be with the scan/email accommodation without demonstrating it's an issue, first. We have this one but long history of assignments hanging out in backpack forever, never to be submitted. I think it depends on the exact issue--forgetting to bring from home is somewhat different from forgetting to turn in what's in the backpack.

Good luck! Back to school...not for the faint of heart.