Thank you aeh for taking the time to give such a thorough response. Are the issues with retrieval something that would have an impact on developing early reading skills? Is it something that can be worked on, or would benefit from a bit more time to develop? Or is it something she will learn to accommodate as she learns to read?

I guess for me, repeating K would seem a reasonable idea if the challenges she is facing are age related. Then being older would be a benefit. If they are not age related, then it seems like being older won't really benefit her.

I did have a chance to see her interacting with some of the preschool children recently, and I think she would be okay socially with the repeat in terms of finding some kids she could get on well with.

It seems every time I make my mind up about what I think is best to do, DD says something, or I observe something that starts me thinking the other decision would be better. I am very glad to have an appointment with an educational psychologist tomorrow. Hopefully her advice will help us decide and not just give me more variables to stress over smile

I am also hoping she will have a recommendation of a behavioural optometrist if she thinks it worthwhile to see one. We have seen three different ones between DS and DD, with each having an exam with two different optometrists, and every time they seem to find a problem, but they each recommended different lenses. I just start to wonder how valid the assessments are when they keep coming up with different prescriptions for the kids. Especially as DD is very resistant to the testing, and I would not be very confident in the answers she is giving during the eye exams.