I've actually seen SRI numbers well over 2000L. I do find the SRI to have a pretty good ceiling, and to be reasonably well-matched, as this sort of instrument goes, to individually-administered, gold standard measures (e.g., WIAT, WJ, TORC), with a couple of caveats: Very low-functioning students are often overestimated on the first administration, because of the default start point. Unmotivated students (and I work with adolescents...) and those unfamiliar with the computer-administered format may be underestimated.

For annual testing, the SAT and ACT are developing measures beginning with eighth grade, which have some advantages, as far as continuity with the precollege measures. A bit expensive for school-wide use, in most districts, though that appears to be a component of their marketing. Keep in mind that MAP is not intended to give precise measures of progress in high-achieving students. It's intended to sort and monitor progress in students for the purposes of remediating low achievers. Consequently, the ceiling is not that important (to the test developers and primary clients).

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...