Great question puffin, technically, DD is not an early entrant in the public school system. The cutoff is end of July and DD is end of May. The private school she attends sets their cutoff at end of April, so she is a month younger than the cutoff for the school she attends.

If DD ends up scoring much lower, than she would probably benefit from being in a grade below. My instinct says once she gets past these initial hurdles, she will be okay, but a lower than anticipated score would have me questioning that. With the benefit of current hindsight,I would have started her next year, but if she is just a late bloomer, she will eventually benefit from being younger. I did poorly in my early years of schooling, but once I figured it all out, I was top of my class. I was on,y identified as gifted as an adult, but I remember my mom telling me that they had wanted to have me repeat year 1 or Kindy, I can't remember which. She said no. That would not have benefitted me at all in the long run even though I was a slow starter.

At least we are getting the testing now, and that can help guide where she should be from here on out.