I posted a while back about being worried we made a mistake by starting DD4 in kindergarten this year. I have been working in her reading at home, and she has been making improvements, but her teacher stopped me today to say they she is very exhausted in class and that she has lost her spark. She thinks she is feeling overwhelmed and giving up. This of course breaks my heart, and I wish we had kept her home another year. Then on the drive home, I started thinking, what if I homeschool her for the second half of the year. She could sleep in so as not to be so tired, and with the one on one education with me, I think I could get her academically ready for year 1. Then she could stay with her classmates in the longer term, but hopefully another 9 months would have her more prepared physically for the demands of a full week in the classroom. ETA: I wouldn't have to be officially registered as home schooling either as DD is under the legal age of compulsory enrolment.

I suspect DH will think I am over reacting, but it would also give me more time one on one with my daughter to work on some of the self-esteem issues that are emerging and the inferiority that she feels in relation to her grade skipped older brother.

It seems an ideal solution to me, but it's one of those things that I fear when I start mentioning it to my husband or the school, that they will think it is not such a great idea.

Last edited by Dubsyd; 06/15/15 06:25 PM. Reason: title changed