Wow, thanks for all the information!
I don't know the name of the math test, but yes, it was a school-administered test that they gave all the kids.

I can find things for him to do online but my main concern is him being bored at school (I did read the thread about using the word bored after I wrote my post!) I don't want him to lose that motivation and ability simply due to lack of stimulation. He is worried that he if he learns more after school, he'll be even more bored at school.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for homeschooling. I'm not very patient and I don't think I'm good at explaining things. He already wants to know things I don't understand, LOL. Plus I really do need to get a job.

I do let him read at his own pace, making sure the subject material isn't too mature for him. He has read all the Harry Potters 3 times, and is reading Percy Jackson now. The teacher doesn't seem to have any complaints when he brings stuff like that to school. I think she understands his needs but there is only so much she can do.

I was reading some of your posts yesterday and I really saw a lot of my son in the things people said about their kids. Thanks again smile