Welcome.

Google Singapore Maths - the books presentthe material in an orderly manner and are far from taxing but they do ensure that the kids proceed in a decently rigorous way.

My DD just tore through arithmetic at a frightening pace - I used the books to reassure myself that she wasn't going too fast and leaving any gaps.

AoPS books, Alcumus and online classes can provide further opportunities.

Reading is something that you have FULL control of just give your child different books and totally ignore any objections from any teacher (this is what I did). Obviously you need to monitor to ensure that her child has a good grasp of the material that they are reading but a few conversations should tell you that along the way.

For coding and robotics/electronics, there are plenty of books,online resources like 'hour of code' and even online classes like AoPS if you want to make that investment. Google 'maker faire' or makezine for cool hands on projects.

Good luck!

I would give testing a serious try too as I would want to reassure myself that I wasn't setting my child up for failure before trying to place in an uber academic school or program.

BTW -I am far from being the Man with the Plan - just another anxious parent doing my best to fumble my way through the fog but the above has worked well for my DD10 so far...

Last edited by madeinuk; 03/25/15 05:14 AM.

Become what you are