Ideally, one would want to learn/practice skills in the sheltered social skills group setting until comfortable, then begin with some prepared live practice--where the social skills coach works with a sympathetic member of the natural community (teacher, friendly custodian, empathetic peer) to stage a situation outside of the group, but with a social partner who is in on the skill development goals. From there, one progresses to increasingly naturalistic and independent practice of the skill.

Thanks, aeh. You are so helpful. I will ask for the details of their social skills training.

I have been going over some of the posts on the board, as well as what I want to request for. Thanks for helping me walk through it all.

Anyway, to answer the OP, did you put in a request for an evaluation? I would put in a letter requesting a comprehensive evaluation, and state in the letter what exactly you want evaluated and what your concerns are. Then after they evaluate him you can figure out if he quaifies for an IEP or just needs a 504 plan, and what should be listed as modifications/accommodations.

Blackcat, we had a SST meeting a few days prior to the neuropsych eval. The administrators as well as the teachers know that we were doing the neuropsych eval privately. Another meeting is being scheduled to discuss further. At that time, I was planning to give them a letter requesting specific evaluation with test names, in addition to the neuropsych eval, so we could proceed forward.