The neuropsych eval we had for my child was very helpful. We just have one page list of recommendations. He has no specific academic needs, except that the psychologist has suggested that he should be challenged in the areas he excels in, and that he has mild perfectionist tendencies. The psychologist has mainly suggested social skills groups and some amount of organizational help. He is gifted with mild Aspergers. In order to prepare for my child's IEP, please help me through what I should be requesting/bringing up in the meeting (I realize that the school may not be able to give all of these, but I am hoping that the :

- Social skills group
- Speech pragmatics
- OT assessment (BOT)(someone from the school to administer this)
- PAL- 2/Test of Written Language (someone to administer this)
- Resource teacher for organizational skills support. Typically, what amount of time does a child spend with the resource teacher ?
- Pre testing where possible (for math and spelling). However, if he does do well in the pre-test, what should I be asking for (when the rest of the class is doing their work) ?Do parents typically send in work at a level that their child is capable of doing ?

I also have a question for IEP with partner work. According to his teacher, he either works ahead (without really collaborating with his partner) or works behind (with his partner, but having discussions unrelated to the topic at hand), making partner work not all that effective. How can this be helped ?

Also, the Connors assessment showed signs of inattention. Right now, he does the work all the time, but not always within the time provided. He usually loses some minutes of recess or his reading time, and he gets a lot more done in those few minutes (and joins the rest of the class for recess and reading time). Should I be requesting additional time for in-class work ? So far, tests (as long as he knows those are tests) haven't been an issue. For homework, we just set apart about 30 minutes, and he gets it done in 20 to 30 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mom2one; 01/30/15 11:15 AM.