SS group: most schools can do this easily. Well, is another question. You're looking for something that has both a direct instruction and a live/laboratory practice component

This is good to know. I did not understand the part about direct instruction and a live/laboratory practice component. What are those ?

Speech: was there a speech eval done? If not, you might want to start from requesting a pragmatics eval, by the school SLP. They usually have more buy-in, and a better sense of clinical concerns, if they have done their own testing.

A speech eval was not done. The neuropsych did mentioned a pragmatics service to be delivered, though I certainly see the buy-in if the SLP does their own eval. I will ask for this, and see what the school says

Organizational support: depending on the needs of the child, and the service delivery model of the school, this can be anything from cues and reminders during class (in an inclusion or co-taught model), all the way out to a whole study skills period (40-50 minutes).

I don't think that there is any classroom in the school with co-teachers. I've talked informally to other parents, and they did reference a resource teacher. His regular teacher does this -- if she sees him not being on task or focused, she places a warning flag. He responds to the warning flag, pulls himself toegther and gets down to it. Most days, he is able to complete the work, though on some days, he does have a portion of his recess/reading time taken away.

I do think he'll benefit if the teacher can check in with him at beginning of school and end of school. I will ask if this is possible

Pre-testing: depending on the level of independence of your child, I would say, moving ahead/compacting in the existing curriculum.

He's quite independent on the iPad or online learning; I am not sure how he'll do if he is given a stack of worksheets and asked to complete them. This is one reason that makes me hesitate, even though he told me he does things at class for the sake of doing them.

Extended time: I would be very cautious about the use of extended time for children who are described as being inattentive, and being able to finish very efficiently when under time pressure. For ADHD-type students, the optimal time supported by research is additional 25% time, and no more. As all of us procrastinators know, tasks grow to fill the available time. I would suggest instead:
"Tasks broken down into multiple benchmarks, each with its own deadline/time limit. Provide positive reinforcement immediately and consistently for completion of each task component."
He may be better off having many short deadlines than one big deadline.

As a corollary, if slow work completion is one of the felt needs of the school, then you might consider including that as one of the study skills/organizational skills goals, or a measurable objective thereunder, in the IEP.

This is overall awesome. I will ask for this. I totally agree with this.

Turn-around depends on the nature of the work. I've asked the teacher to flag when the work needs to be done by next day in order to move on to another step with the work. If it's not flagged this way, I let it sit for a day or two, because DS often has some frustration/anger built up about the work. I find it's easier to get him to work well if I let those feelings dissipate a bit.

Thanks for this. We have been tracking his work completion for 4 weeks, and he was not able to finish work on one day (he said he just ran out of time). However, he does work, say, 10 minutes into his recess time or reading time to complete his work. I talked with him more, and he said he does not really treat it as a consequence, more on the lines of, "Yes, this is what happens if you don't/can't complete your work"; it is almost like he accepts it, but I can't understand what is different toward the end of the day/recess that makes him do it faster (other than the threat of losing recess time /reading time). He also told me it is easier to get work done (though he can't seem to exactly pinpoint why) during those few minutes.