My earliest memories have no language, sound or sense of time/age. I can not place which came first, only that most likely around 3ish and they are all like random snapshots. There are a few that can be linked to age three due to the specific events - when we moved, and the massive wildfire around the same year, I believe, when we had to evacuate - I can remember the fire trucks coming, my dad driving in one car and that orange glow the sky turns in those wildfires, and the flames - and the charred landscape afterwards - for some reason, our house was spared but there were houses burned out not far from ours. The early memories are definitely shaped by the lack of language and awareness of the world beyond my visual field I had prior to age 3/4 - my later memories start to reflect my awareness and context of the world and people around me that my earliest memories don't have.

I know my parents earliest memories are shaped by war (my father was 2 or 3 when WWII ended and he once said he still remembers the bombings and the constant move to stay ahead of the Russians, and my mother's earliest memories are related to the war in her country at the same time).