So I haven't read all the responses but I can tell you I Relate! My son is now 9...but he went from sitting to walking by 9 months and was on solid foods by 1 and yes I know that's frowned upon. But...there are 2 things in my house that kept him engaged for days! Logos and cardboard boxes. At 2 we could tell him to build a ship and he's building huge battleships. He made robots out of the cardboard boxes. Anything to engage his mind safely we bought it but he always preferred boxes and logos.

The other thing I found was that I had to learn to "hide" his intellect from others. I mention that he would have meltdowns in prek because they wanted him to lay down and nap and hadn't napped since 14 months...all of a sudden and relative or friend who had a bratty kid was certain their kid toowas gifted. When it turned out their kid wwasn't gifted they really were just a brat I somehow became the bad guy. If I mentioned Kaden was having trouble in school all of a sudden I was a bad parent for buying his way into gifted classes when he clearly wasn't because gifted kids get straight a's. So...although I'm sure I'll be frowned upon I am selective over who I share my kids stuff with.

Just know you aren't alone. And some kids don't need actual play dates maybe science visits and zoo trips and getting a dog will suffice.

I hope you find what works best for your child. It took my son until the third grade before a single friend from school showed up to his birthday party :-( its sad...but its temporary.