First of all, welcome and know that you certainly aren't alone!

Our DD (that's dear daughter) didn't have many playmates when she was very small for exactly that reason. You might try casting your net wider in the hopes of finding a better match. The more toddlers you meet the more likely you'll find another one with a similar developmental level. You might also look for social opportunities that are more likely to attract gifted people. Local Mensa meetups, maker spaces, chess clubs. They may not be kid specific, but if people there have kids they are more likely to be similar... Finally, maybe older kids who are generally calm (more interested in playing lets pretend than run and jump) may work. But it could also be that those older kids would be just as uncomfortable because they sense his difference.

I have to admit we never had much luck with the social stuff at that age. After a few years things got easier because she could socialize with older kids more easily.

We also had difficulty with toys. There was frequently a mismatch between what her brain wanted and what her motor skills could handle. One thing we did was kitchen experiments (the more tolerance for mess the better). Art was a great outlet. She had a light bright (she was smart enough not to eat the pegs). At a certain point you have to ignore the suggested age ranges and just experiment.

As she got a bit older we did models. She was particularly fascinated by the visible woman anatomical model when she was about two. Of course we had to hep her A TON but it was still fun.

As for other parents, you just have to let go of the need for their approval or respect. If they give you dirty looks, just give them a deadpan stare back and say "Is there something I can help you with?" If they make rude comments, just laugh and ignore them. And if they ask any of those annoying questions (like "so do you spend a lot of time pushing him to read?") just respond deadpan with "Why do you ask?"

Finally, I agree with indigo that you should start the process of thinking about education now... I know that sounds crazy, but it is the number one issue that parents of high LOG kids face.

So welcome again and hang in there. smile