Yes. I love love love the school my middle school kids attend (my EG ds graduated from it too). It's a private school, but fwiw, there were a number of things I loved about the elementary school my kids attended before switching to private school. And although it's not ideal, there are quite a few things I love about my ds' high school and the program he's in.

There were some really tough things in our public elementary though - for our ds - more related to his being 2e than to being gifted. If he hadn't had his 2nd e I think it's quite possible he might have been able to really soar there and had a great education. The 2nd e still causes a few issues in high school, and there are other issues with high school... but...

FWIW, I think that what you will find online is more often than not people who are searching for something better, so it will always seem like things aren't good just because that's the cross-section of experience you're seeing posting. The folks who've had good experiences (that I know of personally in real life, where I live) don't spend their time online discussing school smile

polarbear