Fitzi, I'm on my over to Amazon. Been meaning to pick that book up and if Amazon has the Singapore I want to order I'm going to throw that in my cart.
I don't know if this is good or bad, but I'm requiring DD8 to master 1-12 multiplication and division facts to instant recall status before we move on. I've had recommendations both ways. I am however, letting her move on in geometry and diddling with fractions. Maybe this book will tell me I am wrong!
BTW she was very much resisting memorizing the facts till Aleks put Quick Tables up on their program. Now she's breezing through because that time/game element is making it more fun for her.

Ebeth, take all my advice with a grain of salt. I really don't know what I'm doing! This is all uncharted territory for me as well.
And I'd like to revise my statement a little. Even though 1-2% is a minority, they should be taken care of in the public education system. Being able to totally individualize curriculum for them is because I stay home which is a luxury these days, not an option for every parent of a child who is underserved at school.

And I will tell C-dog what you said....from one scientist to another! She'll love it!

Last edited by incogneato; 07/22/08 08:46 AM.