Originally Posted by Mana
TripleB, our DD is turning out to be far more musically talented than both my SO and I put together. I freaked out and cried a few nights last summer because I was so sure DD would suffer because neither of us was competent enough as a musician to help her practice at home past intermediate level.

I just wanted to say, I know exactly how you're feeling but your DS is doing as well as he is now because of all the support his parents have given him thus far. His IQ test result is not going to change that. smile

Funny you should mention the musical aspect. For the past 2 months my son has said that he would love to learn to play the piano. So I started researching it and many people said that unless your child has a piano at home to practice (they said a keyboard isn't the same thing) then piano lessons aren't really a good idea. I don't want to crush his want to play music (I played saxophone for 7 years growing up)...but can't afford a piano. What instrument(s) is your child playing? Any advice you can give?

Thank you for your last paragraph....makes my wife and I feel a lot better!!![i][/i][u][/u]

I appreciate your input.

TripleB