Originally Posted by RPM9
All kids are tested, in the time frame that the school dictates, but if a parent has a kid coming into K she can request the testing be done early for whatever reason.

So your system *IQ* tests all kids at some point--regardless of whether anyone suspects GTness? Or only the ones flagged by parents or teachers? This post sounds different than your other one, so I'm trying to clarify.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm still not sure you're following me. Every last child in our system is tested for GTness in 3rd grade. 100% testing. All kids in the system. That's why your statement that "not all kids should be tested, only those flagged" doesn't work in my state. All kids MUST be tested.

Teachers and parents can also request earlier testing in our system. DS7 was IDd by his K teacher for testing, so he was IDd early. So that's no different than your situation.

Our mass testing might explain some of our high GT numbers, now that I think of it. Our system will presumably catch more of the borderline or underachieving cases...assuming the group IQ test isn't too lousy.

Thanks for the pitch-in there, kcab. That's sort of how I think about talent, too, but it seemed like RPM9 was going another direction, making some clear, strictly demarcated distinction between G and T that I didn't get. I'm just trying to follow along! Meanwhile, we'll look forward to your return! smile

Kriston