I don't know why the school psych is digging in her heels about that, insisting that third grade norms should be used. It just comes across as them doing what they can to boost percentiles and make sure she doesn't qualify for anything. It says specifically in the State eligibility criteria that either age or grade norms can be used. I've already called the State, special ed director, etc. trying to make the school get their act together. I haven't signed anything yet. What's probably going to end up happening is that I'll need to request an independent eval at district expense, since the district is incompetent. I don't know if she's low enough to qualify as being learning disabled, but I think there's enough evidence that she's not making much progress in terms of writing. Her second grade writing looks exactly the same as her writing now. It's also hard to say how much is the school's fault (rather than DD having a disability), in that they were not teaching her last year, doing any interventions, etc. Her writing notebook from last year had about 5 pages with writing on it. So was the teacher just letting her sit there day after day staring around the room? Probably.