Originally Posted by master of none
That's a very interesting story blackcat. I wonder how she does if she is writing something spontaneously from her own head. Does she have to stop and think how to shape the letters?

I'm not sure if she can't remember how to write the letters, or if she can't remember what letter to write next, as in "I just wrote an r, what do I need to write next?" Her working memory on the WISC was 127 (arithmetic and letter-number sequence) but maybe a completely different type of working memory is involved here. She said she was getting mixed up about keeping all the letters lowercase. She does have a history of making errors when she writes (esp. when copying I think) and then writing over the letters. I'm not sure if they are spelling/copying errors or if she is actually forming letters wrong, noticing they are wrong and then writing over. I think it's probably the former, where she is not able to copy words accurately, but does know how to form letters. I haven't seen any reversals, like writing a b instead of a d. Her writing is VERY inconsistent where sometimes she writes over and over every other letter and otherwise it looks very neat and adult-like with no errors. She presses down very hard on the paper and always wants to write with a pen. She said when she uses a pencil, it breaks all the time and it hurts to write. I told her that if she didn't press down so hard on the paper, that wouldn't happen. She said she has to write super dark or else she can't see it. She wears glasses and is nearsighted, and can read fast/fluently with or without her glasses so that makes no sense. Here's a story she wrote sometime last year, in third grade (handwritten in her notebook). Her handwriting is very neat. It's one of the only stories she wrote. I think she sat there most of the year and did nothing.

"Once apoun a time there was a girl who went to the library. She borowed a book. The libraryian warned her not to fall asslep with the book open. But she did not listen to her. So that night she fell asslep with the book open. But when she woke up she could not breath so right when she woke up she died. The Libraryian mutered to her self "she should have listened." Her family also died, because the vines spread all over the house. The house had to be knocked down imedetly."

I don't even understand this story--what do vines covering a house have to do with someone dying because they fell asleep with a book open? I don't get it. This story was done sometime last year but if she wrote another story now it would take forever (probably days) and it would probably be similar.