I've been giving DD my own assessments to try to figure out exactly how impaired she is, and compare how she is medicated vs. unmedicated. Dh was having her write down names of states and she seemed fairly fluent while writing. But then I asked her to write the alphabet in all lower case and she only wrote about 38 letters in a minute. I'm not sure if the problem is that she can't remember what letter comes next, she is getting mixed up trying to recall how to write letters in lowercase vs. uppercase, she's becoming unfocused (or what). It's was really odd to me how Dh asked her to write Pennsylvania (not copied) and she didn't seem particularly slow, but then kept hesitating when she was writing the alphabet from memory. Does anyone have any idea what would be normal for a 9 year old in fourth grade?

I also had her copy sentences out of a book and she only wrote about 30 letters per minute. She spelled "appeared" like "appired" even though she was copying. There weren't really any other errors which surprised me because sometimes she writes over and over letters, trying to correct mistakes. She only did that a couple times.

I guess I'm wondering how far "off" this sounds. I found some norms saying it should be about 50-60 letters per minute on average for copying sentences, so obviously she's lower than that, but how impaired it really is, I don't know. I timed myself writing lowercase letters in 1 minute and wrote 99 compared to her 38. But of course, I'm an adult, not a 9 year old. Tomorrow I will try it again when she is medicated.