Originally Posted by master of none
Your story example is the kind of stuff my DS used to do when he was doing poor work. On better days, he'd write more detail, but always his only ending was death or explosion. He is still (at 14) challenged to have an ending that is not sudden death. How about a slow lingering illness? Nope, not happening here. Ever. How about more than one action than read the book leads to death? How about have a glass of iced tea? How about trim back those vines? Nope. One idea, and then you die.

That's funny about sudden death, because 3 of the 5 "stories" (if you can call them that, they are about 4 sentences long) involve sudden death.

"Once apoun a time, there was a home. One night when avery body was asleep, the attic, all of a suden, lit up. The house lifted off the ground. So, the house was never seen again. And, for the people in the house, well, they died. They went to heven, to live in heven. They were never heard from again."

I took this to the IEP eval planning meeting and was almost embarrassed to pass it around--she looks like a kid with emotional issues even though she is usually happy/exuberant.

I'm not sure if the teacher had odd pictures, and the kids were supposed to write a story based on the pictures, or what. I'm not sure that she even came up with these ideas without looking at some sort of picture or starter.