We weren't timing her for writing names of states, I was just watching her and she looked so normal, for a few moments I felt silly that I put in a request for a special ed eval. But then I saw the alphabet writing which clearly didn't look normal. I think her copying speed is probably around a second grade level. But I can't find norms for writing alphabet letters.

The school is saying that they would compare her to third graders since she should be in third grade based on her age, but she is very close to the cut-off and has been exposed to more curriculum than they have, so I don't really think that's fair to her.

I also (a few weeks ago) had her do a story with a starter sentence, and she only wrote about 20 words in 3 minutes and it should have been more like 40. After the first 3 minutes I told her to keep going, but she had no idea what to write after that and only wrote a few words. I asked a college professor about this (who specializes in 2e kids and writing issues) and he said that it sounds like executive functioning issues related to her ADHD, not dysgraphia. Her handwriting is usually very neat unless she's in a big rush. I'm not sure what to think.