Well, where I was really going with this is that perhaps there are other options if the school won't allow part time status. In our state legislation allows for part time school but the wording is vague and could probably be challenged. BTW, the school didn't offer up this info, I found it myself and then they verified it and said they would work with us if it came to it. Admittedly, they would rather have the children in school the entire day.
At the high school level another alternative would be to have the child pass community college classes. At that point the community college would be more likely to accept the student even at a younger age. Then the student could fulfil requirements to be entranced into a more traditional college. At that point, withdrawl from high school after passing the GED would be appropriate as child is already on their way to college. There are obvious drawbacks, but, I would say choose your poison. If you let a kid sit in class for four years doing nothing because they have already mastered the material, then aren't you conditioning that child to be unproductive. To, spin their wheels, so to speak?
I don't know the severity of the situation....just an idea.......
smile