[quote=ValHave you asked them (perhaps in writing) WHY the online classes don't qualify? Sometimes you can get what you want this way if they can't supply a bona fide reason.
[/quote]

Yes, I intend to ask whether there's a list of approved providers of online and community college courses and why they won't give credit for the summer institutes with 115 seat hours of classroom instruction (certainly surpassing most college courses) from Duke Univ or Johns Hopkins. The counselor said that since they wouldn't transfer as honors or AP level classes, the credits would dilute his GPA, which people who are interested in valedictorian status would be concerned with. I am not sure if DS cares about this, so I'll have to query him when he gets back. Anyway, the principal took the easy road and said he didn't know anything but I should talk to superintendent so I will keep asking nicely until they give me a satisfactory answer.

It's not that essential for DS13, but it's something I need to investigate and establish for the next 3, who will really need some accommodations or something else.

Does anyone ever feel sly leverage when dealing with public schools because we have kids that can help their NCLB numbers? Or is that just silly?