incog, we have similar legislation and funding for dual enrollment classes/concurrent enrollment, but the district has decided to reserve it for jrs & srs.
WTF

Argh. This is all so depressing. Intelligent kids are the future of this country and our school system actively squanders them.

Val, I feel ya sister! I blame the elected representatives that write the legislation. But it's kind of a catch 22. Today, being a politician is a thankless job. Who, but an idiot, would dare pursue it.

On the topic of teachers, I think it is important for teenagers to start taking charge of their learning regardless of the teacher. This is an important skill for college and grad. school. Maybe the teacher is lousy, but kids can learn to follow the rules and get the grade while doing their real learning.

Cathy, younger kids too. These are the types of skills I see my children benefitting from and the reasons I haven't yanked em yet.

Have you asked them (perhaps in writing) WHY the online classes don't qualify? Sometimes you can get what you want this way if they can't supply a bona fide reason

Yes, definately, when stonewalled it is appropriate to allude to litigation. Most people are self-serving and wouldn't want to justify their decision making in a court of law. I know I would give what you wanted if you put something in writing and sent it to me certified mail. It's a good thing you don't have my address. Who knows what you could squeeze out of me.