So, here is the latest update.

I met with the new psychologist that will be doing all of his new testing. He was very irritated at the lack of attention the last psychologist had with the discrepancies in DS13's testing. He also felt that with the high achievement on the WJ III academic testing compared to the low scores on many areas of the WJIII cognitive that the GIA was extremely depressed and not in the least bit accurate. He stated at our meeting last week that DS13 should have been placed with an IEP because what little testing that was done showed there were several issues. I feel like I am finally getting somewhere!

DS13 also took the ACT 2 weeks ago. There was really no reason other than it is good practice for him and it is a good above level test. He did absolutely no test prep whatsoever and did all of the math without a calculator (we forgot it at home-oops). Here are his scores:

Composite 16
English 15
Usage Mechanics 07
Rhetorical Skills 08
Mathematics 17
Pre-Alg/Elementary Alg 07
Algebra/Coord Geometry 07
Plane Geo/Trigonometry 11
Reading 18
Social Studies/Science 08
Arts/Literature 09
Science 14

I am very proud of him with these scores and I feel with all of the issues he has had that he did extremely well. His English scores correspond very well with the issues he has shown in school. His Algebra scores were very surprising to me because he passed Pre-Algebra with A's and has shown no difficulty with Algebra 1 so far. His Trigonometry score blew me out of the water because he has never seen 99% of the items on that area of the test. Science score doesn't surprise me because his school district does absolutely no science until 7th grade and his science instruction last year was extremely poor.