I looked back at your post about the BOT2 and it looks like for most of the subtests he's around 1 standard deviation below the mean, which is around 15th percentile I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong). For certain services, like adapted phy ed, I think schools are looking for more like 2 standard deviations below the mean but I'm not sure if it needs to be an overall score, or just a certain sub-score, or if it varies from state to state. I don't like the BOT2 because I think very few sections are timed. So it makes "slow" kids look more adept than they really are. And the timed sections are combined with untimed sections to produce the subtest scores like "manual dexterity".
For the PI category, though, I don't know if it really matters. He could probably still qualify for that category as long as you have a diagnosis, he just may not receive certain services like adapted phy ed. How does he do in physical education? What type of school services are you looking for? I would think about that, and then figure out which spec. ed category would be the most helpful. I'm not familiar enough with the laws to know the ins and outs of all the categories and what services they can get with each category. All I know is that the PI category has given DS what he needs in terms of speech, writing, OT, help with gross motor skills, etc. He had a Speech IEP before they switched it to PI. They switched it to PI so other services, like OT and Writing, could be added. If your DS has ADHD you could probably argue for a "Other Health Impairments" IEP and get certain services that way without even bothering with a DCD diagnosis. He may qualify for help with reading, writing, etc. under that category.