I don't have DS's numbers but he had about a 60 point spread as well. I do remember his coding being 2nd percentile (we tested at 6.5).

We were encouraged to test by the school who thought that he was ADHD-Inattentive in grade 1 (he wasn't). He never seemed to have problems with fine motor. As an infant he refused to let us feed him and so he became a master at picking peas up one by one and would cut up meat with a knife and fork while friend's kids were still being spoon fed (I don't mean that in a judgmental way, just as a we often got stares when we ate in public kind of way). He was also fine with teeny tiny lego that was geared for kids twice his age. He was speech delayed (absolutely no words until we started speech therapy at 19 months which he "graduated" from at age 3). Writing was a very slow and painful process for him. He's still really slow (he's 8) and messy. His written output is like it is from a different kid when you compare to what comes out of his mouth in conversation. He is not fond of memorizing math facts and I think he often figures it out from scratch each time rather than memorizing times tables which of course slows him down. He DESPISES repetition which teachers often confuse with laziness. He isn't lazy if it is "new".