Originally Posted by Quantum2003
78 is really low - I think that is moving into the single digit percentile category. If that measure is accurate, then it should be reflected in his ability to complete academic work in a timely manner as well as everyday activities. While it is reassuring that the tester thinks that he simply wasn't trying to go as fast as he could, I would check by timing how quickly he completes cognitive and other tasks. As he gets older, a low processing speed will cause increasing difficulties with academics in a school setting even with accommodations.

Can you elaborate as to what this would like like in day to day activities? He's definitely inattentive at times, but once I get him to focus, he seems to be able to perform well.

He is able to complete school work in a timely manner if he focuses.

Given that his WJ was not too low for fluency, is there a chance that maybe he was just off that day? His fluency scores were definitely the lowest however, so maybe he was just really on that day. smile

ETA: I mistyped his writing fluency, it was 100, not 107. Still 51%. Handwriting has never been easy, it's a tough thing for him still.

Last edited by Amber; 09/11/14 09:46 AM.

I can spell, I just can't type on my iPad.