I am really leery of FBAs and the people that do them (I forget what they are called) and I have mentioned that before here (and was chastised for not getting the terminology just right so I won't make that mistake again!) Very leery of them. I know with my kid, they often do not really understand what is the antecedent/cause of behavior and make up their own story based on their bias. They also do not understand the "function" of his behavior. I have a number of examples of this and I'll share two. In one observation, my son who had been eating at the peanut free lunch table (because he is fatally allergic to peanuts and has gone into anaphalatic shock more than three times now so he is exceedingly anxious about peanuts), was told several times to go to his classroom lunch table to sit there and then the children would be lined up to go out. (this was the schools procedure - all kids return to the specific class table then are filed out). My DS refused. He dilly-dallied and found other things to do in order to get there at the very last second. If he were forced to the table, he would not sit. Of course, this was "evidence" of either adhd and/or ODD (and since often they go together in boys we all have those colored glasses on now). No one bothered to find out the real reason, which I knew right away. People ate peanut butter at that table every day and he was petrified he would be contaminated and get sick or die. Such a conclusion is not delusional in his case. So educated in observing and none of them could figure that out? There was another observation where my son was sat a keyboard and was having great difficulty typing on it. All the other kids were successful and finishing and moving on, he was not. When an aide approached she did so in what he felt was a patronizing manner (and she probably was were because they (teacher aides) were always rolling their eyes about him) and he was already upset at looking stupid. He stated he hated the stupid task and computer. Again the big speculation being that he is defiant, oppositional adhd. I knew right away it was his visual -motor integration issues. He STILL has trouble dialing a phone. At the time he was just getting ready to start vision therapy because he had strabismis which caused his eyes to cross intermittently making that particular task really hard for him even though it should be easy and he knew it should be easy and that he looked stupid. None of those that do FBAs seem to understand the impact his low tone and writing difficulties had on his behavior and the function of his behavior in alleviating the physical discomfort caused by both. It seems to me (and I am bias, and only have anecdotal stories) that they were all about adhd and autism and ODD. I'd never have another one ever look at my son again. That's just my experience. Maybe it's just my district but I stay away form that whole FBA thing. I would probably feel entirely different if my son did have the actual condition s that seem to be good at such as autism and adhd, though.