I am not a big fan of homework and DD13 hates it. That may have contributed to way she used to drag her feet when doing it. It would drive me nuts.

It sounds like there are a few things that might be at play. These are issues that applied to our DD.

Fatigue: a real problem for us as a physical issue but the emotional and mental fatigue of being at school all day is really draining. More so if your child is an introvert, ours is, who needs time to recharge. I feed and water DD as soon as possible after school and allow her to listen to music or watch a short video from you tube. Anything to get a bit of bounce back. Actually, jumping on the trampoline worked wonders!

Lack of real challenge, easy homework used to paradoxically take a lot longer as DD just couldn't bring herself to do it. This also contributes to fatigue. If the work at school isn't stimulating enough DD's brain fails to switch on and she comes home dragging her feet and complaining of being tired. She is then more likely to daydream etc rather than tackle homework.

Too much challenge is equally exhausting whether that is in the scope or the volume of the work.

A couple of times, when we have had a good teacher, we negotiated for DD not to do sections of homework that lacked value for her. That concession allowed her to feel supported and she was more amenable to doing the work that had purpose.

You have hinted that you might be concerned about other 2E issues. Is that enough of a concern to warrant following it up? If it is, it is worth doing sooner rather than later as time management obviously becomes increasingly important as kids get older.

I was really concerned about DDs time management but it actually improved as the work got harder and she was accelerated. She is very good now but can still drag her feet over a boring assignment. It helped in the earlier days that we put time limits on her work. After all she had to have a life too. We also made earlier artificial deadlines for assignments to encourage getting the work out of the way before another one appeared.