Here's a few ways we have done it. My DS is 10 also and we have been working on this for several years.

1. Does she really need all that homework? My DS does actually have ADHD and he has an accommodation to do less practice as long as he shows mastery. For instance, last year they had a vocab/spelling homework packet that they got on Monday that was due by Friday so they could prepare for Friday test. My DS turned it in late the first few weeks but still got a 90% and 95% on the tests. After that we asked if he could skip it. Maybe this is something that you can discuss with teachers.

2. Obviously, you have the best idea about how much effort your DD needs to get A's (if that is her goal). But think about ways the work can be done more efficiently (which leads to number 3)

3. Work periods set with a timer and breaks in between. Have her think about how long she can work without doodling, staring into space, etc. - set the timer for that amount of time. (we are up to 30 mins now) and then reward with a break period we do 10 mins. If may seem like it will take longer but we have found that the work gets done quicker this way. He is able to self regulate as well as he has his timer to refer to and if he happens to get done early, he gets extra break time.

4. Finally, consider whether the work is broken down into manageable chunks. My DS used to just sit and daydream because he did not know how or have the ability to initiate the task. We generally go over the assignment together we work out a plan to get it done, then using the timer, etc. he does the best he can at task persistence.

Good luck.