Yes, Cassmo. That is exactly the kind of conversation I have with every child, gifted or intellectually-disabled alike, when I review their test results with them. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, places we can help others, and places where we will need support from others. If you took anyone of the adults or other kids in your life, and ran the same battery of tests on them, you would find something that was a struggle and something that was a breeze. Testing is not ultimately about identifying a disability (although it may have that immediate function when attempting to jump through IEP/504 hoops), but about understanding yourself, and putting yourself in a position to make informed decisions about how you will use your strengths to leverage your weaknesses, in order to achieve your personal goals in life. Even fairly low-functioning adolescents generally understand this, so I would absolutely expect gifted youngsters to get it.

We routinely invite 14+ year-old students to their own IEP meetings (it's mandated that they have a right to be there if they choose). For some gifted kids, the age at which they ought to be present for the discussion, or at least part of it, may be younger than that. Parents may ask that they be present (since you can invite anyone you want to an IEP or 504 meeting).

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...