Oh wow. Thanks for the feedback. I never thought of these things as abnormal. Her dad has trouble tying his shoes and never learned how to tell time on an analog clock, and his handwriting is so tiny you have to have a microscope to see it. But he has a neurological disorder so wasn't sure if that was related.

I have always been a clutz with having stitches and broken bones most of my life just from tripping and falling a lot. So it never occurred to me that with her it might be something different that could be treated. I just thought it was all genetic and maybe it is. I will bring this up with her doctor and counselor and see what they think.

Maybe once she is less stressed she will be able to help us identify why she is stressed. She is getting pretty good at telling me why things bother her now but sometimes she is just too upset to explain. We made one modification in the classroom already and she is allowed to use mechanical pencils (last years teacher wouldn't allow it in the classroom) so she won't have to wait in line to use the pencil sharpener and then have to fight with it to get her pencils sharpened. She said that was one of her biggest aggravations. The teacher said the pencil sharpener is a pain and she had an electric one but it broke too.

Would dysgraphia or these other issues effect her drawing and art because she loves to draw and her sketches are pretty good. At least you can tell what she is drawing but she especially likes abstract art.

The WISC IV was given to her at school and they did not express to me which tests she panicked on so I don't know if that had something to do with it.

I don't know what DCD is can you clarify that?

I have looked up dysgraphia and it sounds similar to what I have seen so will definitely talk to them about that. Her spelling is wonderful and loves teasing her older cousin (who lives with us)when he has trouble with words that she knows. And she would like harder words in school so he brings his words home from High School so she can go over them. He has been very supportive with her and it's been like her having an older brother now.

Sorry this post is all over the place. I am just thinking about all you have said and I appreciate it very much. Thanks for the help.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor