Originally Posted by Quantum2003
I mentioned that program in one of the posts only to account for that high $15 million figure
and
kids who start freshman year in the middle range academically. Apparently, some of those kids end up with a ton of scholarship money.
Yes, I was curious as to how much of that "high $15 million figure" you are accounting for with this "ton of scholarship money"? Is this Merit Scholarships? Financial Need? Special Populations?

As I stated in my previous post, this program is for the academic middle...
A significant number of forum posts seem to be about gifted children experiencing achievement at the academic middle, and seeking remedies for underachievement.

in our district, not for the GT or honors/advanced population. My children would not be allowed to sign up for the classes in this program, etc.
By your description, it sounds exclusive/elitist. Might some children feel bad if they cannot access this opportunity?

I may be wrong but I do assume that the parents on this forum have gifted kids or at least bright kids who would qualify for honors/advanced classes and therefore would be outside the scope of this program.
The AVID website describes advanced classes. Statistics boast of the number of AVID students taking AP exams! The website also mentions Summer STEM classes in Math and Science (reminiscent of summer classes described up-thread, whose participants were labeled as pampered and privileged... a negative connotation, seeming to discount both a child's need for advanced academics and a child's hard work in the class to yield a level of academic achievement).