Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by Quantum2003
It's a national program named AVID that is implemented by individual districts. I really don't have any information to share as it isn't a program that would apply to my kids or any kids on this forum for that matter.
I asked based upon your previous post; If not relevant to this forum, why did you choose to introduce that program, and its students receiving "a ton of scholarship money" into the conversation?

What is your source for your expressed belief that AVID would not apply to any kids on this forum? From the AVID website, amongst their listed radio programs, I find "A National Authority’s Moral Imperative on Gifted Education".

I mentioned that program in one of the posts only to account for that high $15 million figure, not to initiate a discussion regarding that program. I have not researched this program nor compiled data relating to it. I can only go by how our district implements this program and the information provided by our administrators. As I stated in my previous post, this program is for the academic middle ONLY in our district, not for the GT or honors/advanced population. My children would not be allowed to sign up for the classes in this program, etc. I may be wrong but I do assume that the parents on this forum have gifted kids or at least bright kids who would qualify for honors/advanced classes and therefore would be outside the scope of this program.