Originally Posted by Gatorgirl
I guess I am just very laid back and do not have a set schedule. HS would still work though, wouldn't it? Plus my DD is a very self directed learner. As it is, she comes home from school and makes her own assignments.

I think being laid back is a real asset! You wouldn't stress out about hs, you would let her show you the way and won't follow any curriculum to the t. I think flexibility is the key and it's quite obvious that your children are very independent and can take care of themselves if given chance.

Would your DH be willing to read books about gt children? Or at least a few articles.

I personally like this on a lot

http://www.stephanietolan.com/is_it_a_cheetah.htm

May be that could be enough of eye opener for him. May be you need him to realize that she would be better off if she wasn't at school.

Another idea is write down all the things she would like to learn in next few months and show it to DH. You could also make a list of things she already does on daily basis out of the school, so he can see that DD would learn new things. Signing her up for one or two online classes could also help.

Find a local hs group and see if they have any classes. DH may like to see what options there are beyond school settings.

Good luck

LMom