What about applying to DYS?
I know others have mentioned MENSA for children's gatherings. We did take the girls to one in our area but there wasn't a ton going on.
I suspect a drama class might attract other kids who are comfortable using there imagination creatively. I'm just guessing but it sounds good......hey perhaps we should look into that!

For bullying: As mentioned I think it's always wise to recruit help from an expert like you have.
I will say I've made a concerted effort to balance between encouraging the girls to be themselves and aiding their ability to blend. It's a slippery slope, who knows if it's the right thing.
We did buy a Wii. Of course I thought it would be fun, but honestly a big part of the purchasing decision was made on the observation that the 5 and 7 year old girls who were visiting would NOT be pleased to play snap circuits. But, they all seemed to be happy when they play Wii. I only have a few non-offensive games like bowling and Mario Super Galaxy.
So I do, do little things like that to help them fit into the culture of our town/neighborhood. Right or wrong.

I'm glad your pulse is steady!