Oh yeah, duh! (slapping self on forehead)

I was bullied mercilessly from Junior High on. Several years ago one of the bullies attempted to contact me. I was surprised how those feelings were able to resurface so vividly and instantly at just the thought of him.
He was pretty persistent and two years after he first attempted to contact me I "allowed" him to speak to me, thinking the worst.
We ended up having an awesome conversation. He gave me a very sincere and heartfelt apology. We talked on the phone for a long time. It was a good thing.

This last school year we had a bully issue crop up in second grade for DD8. Girls can be very mean. I swiftly and severly nipped it in the bud, with the school's support, it was a beautiful thing. The thing about bullies is that they don't seem to stand up well to strong opposition. Whether it be the bullied child, an adult or another child stepping in. There is also a whole lot of psychology behind the bully's behavior. I think it best if a child that is bullying can be corrected as early as possible for the child him/herself, not just the child that is being bullied.

Great article, thanks for posting. I find nueroscience thoroughly interesting. Exciting things coming in the next 5-10 years or so.