DS came home from school and told me he was pulled out for computerized testing again. He told me his math score and I looked it up. His math score is higher than DD's third grade fall score, and her score was in the 98th percentile (in terms of national percentile).
I also got an IEP meeting notice. I thought this was just going to be an informal meeting and that we could talk about informal modifications to the curriculum. Now someone from the district is going to show up and say that accelerating him is against district policy, giving him advanced work is against policy, blah blah. In fact, the woman from the district who refused to accelerate him this winter was listed on the notice! I about lost my mind and called his IEP manager and asked her what this is all about with that woman being invited! She said that they needed someone from administration and the principal couldn't do it, and this woman is one step above. She (apparently) had no clue that I had had a conflict with her in the past and said she'd un-invite her and find someone else from the district. Ugh, why can't they just keep the gifted stuff separate from the IEP for his disability so that we can keep the ignorant district people out of this!