A few random thoughts for you -

I have a dd with environmental allergies and absolutely yes, they can and do impact her behavior in a huge way when it's allergy season. If your dd has allergies that are bothering her, I'd look into giving her a daily antihistamine if you aren't doing that already - I wouldn't do it without consulting her dr, but that is one thing that our dr recommends for our dd and it does help.

Second thing - when I see a change in behavior with children, I think it's always important to try and see what else changed in the child's life around the same time (if there was anything that changed). Since this change in behavior took place at the same time your dd was moved into new pullouts at school, absolutely I'd look closely at that to see if that's the root of the frustration.

One thing I wondered about was the difference in your dd's GAI vs FSIQ - because a lot of the behaviors you are describing happened with my previously very mellow 2e ds when he hit 1st grade... but we didn't realize it was due to the 2nd e until he was most of the way through 2nd grade. I took a quick look back at your previous posts but didn't see anything huge that stands out in your dd's test scores that might indicate a second "e" - but just curious - were her scores on the subtests in PSI and WM on the WISC similar ranges or did you see any large discrepancies? If there is a tiny second "e" challenge going on, it might show up when higher demands are placed in academics - even though from the surface to a parent it looks like there shouldn't be any reason your child isn't able to do the work. Not sure that makes sense, but for example, we knew our ds was really smart, yet he was throwing fits when it was time to do his homework. Didn't make sense. Our initial reaction as parents was to assume the work was to easy because it was very simple math and he knew how to add/subtract/etc already and he was working on issues like figuring out how to operate a rudder on an airplane to maximize airspeed etc - in his head. The gotcha was the math homework was supposed to be written down on paper and he has a challenge with handwriting and written expression. The clue to the challenge was in uneven WISC subtest scores. So that's my long way of explaining why I asked about the subtest scores and why I looked back through for scores when I saw the difference in FSIQ vs GAI . I also have a dd who had an undiagnosed vision issue, which also first showed up in a huge discrepancy on WISC subtests - totally unrelated to IQ, and totally out of line with her other scores - in her case, it was the symbol search under PSI. My guess though, is that the psych who tested your dd would have noted anything very out-of-range if she saw something. OTOH, my ds had his first WISC at 6 with a dip in processing speed subtests, and it was perceived to be "methodical pace" and "perfectionism" and "not concerned with timed tests due to age" by the psych who tested him.

It's also possible it's age-related - kids go through a growth spurt (emotionally) around 6-7 years old where they start to define themselves as individuals outside of their parents - prior to this age they see themselves somewhat as extensions of their parents, so as they mature in this way it's a time when they may start to argue/etc at home.

Last thought - I have one dd who is simply "like this" - it's her nature. It's exhausting to parent lol! We were told by the psych who tested her that she simply needed much more of a challenge than she was getting in school. DD agreed with that too - but she is in a position where she can't accelerate without completing a certain level of work first, and she just refuses to do it. She's also a 2e kid, but her firecracker-ness is just a part of who she is that is unrelated to her intelligence. At the moment she's jumping up and down the stairs ignoring the vocab lessons she's behind on in school. She doesn't like to do vocab. It's not the easiest work ever for her - she does have a challenge that impacts reading, and she's much more of a math/stem type personality. But this is work she *can* do, and it's not so out-there-easy that it's boring her to tears - she just doesn't want to do it. I am basically holding out hope that once she's middle-school age she'll find her motivation (it happened for both of her older siblings so there's hope!)

Best wishes,

polarbear

ps - fwiw, I suggested several different things, but in your case, I'd really *really* be looking at what's up with the pullouts because of the timing and the change in behavior.