My DD6 has always been a firecracker. She is often sensitive, loud, argumentative and easily frustrated (mostly with family; she has no problems turning on the charm for other adults). However, in the last couple of months, she has become unbearable. Defiant in EVERY way. Screams that she has practiced a piano song 5 times, not 3 (as the rest of family points out). Has a massive fit when she can't figure a math problem out and will crumple it up, stomp out of the room and will only come back later when she has calmed down. She will often freak out when she thinks a problem is too difficult instead of just listening to a simple explanation from me. She covers her ears, screams and will tell me not to help her. She gets so upset that she is literally shaking and unable to breathe, then crashes out and falls asleep. She just cannot seem to respond without shouting and screaming!
I always ensure she meets her bedtime and she gets plenty of sleep. She normally is not a napper unless she has a massive tantrum.

She has also been snacking a lot too. She is tiny and cannot eat large meals but is constantly asking for snacks between meals lately. I am pretty strict with food so she eats healthy with little processed food and I am watchful of her sugar intake.

She also has massive sensory issues with clothing and I am in the process of getting her evaluated in the next couple of weeks. She also walks on her toes a lot.

I am wondering why she is just so over the top these last couple months. I literally am so stressed out from her behavior I am starting to feel the effects of depression. There is no therapist near us that has a lot experience with gifted children. The one time we met with a psych, he made her feel awful and so she is afraid to see anyone.

Could it possibly be from allergies? She has been suffering badly the last couple of months. She is highly allergic to grass.
Or could it be from school placement? Due to her WISC IV results (HG+), she was put in a 1st grade class after her half day kinder ends for the day, and is pulled for 2nd grade for reading. Aside from the writing, these placements are still too easy for her but she is not the type to complain of boredom. She loves it all, but I can see that she is fatigued at the end of school day due to the increase in writing.

I know every gifted child is different but hoping you all can shed a light or two. I need some help!!

Last edited by slammie; 07/02/14 12:01 AM. Reason: Removed scores