Originally Posted by Lovemydd
Displaced, is that Dra level 4? Our public school also requires children to read at Dra level 4, and some even level 6 by the end of k. I don't know if this is a result of common core standards but it does seem like a little much at kindergarten level. Re: after schooling, is partial homeschooling an option for you? I keep dd4.5 home one day a week and she has a lot of fun and learns a ton in that one day. I agree with polarbear's advice here ( she always has such detailed and helpful answers, thanks pb).

I believe it's also written Dra as well. IDK how homeschooling would work partially, or if that's an option. There is virtual school here, which I considered. Some say it's too restrictive, some say they can use it similarly to homeschooling. And it would help me understand what they are requiring by the end of certain school years. I also don't know how acceleration would work with virtual school here, or if that's possible. ITA re: polarbear's thoughtful posts smile

Last edited by Displaced; 05/04/14 04:25 PM.

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.