Thank you.

Vision Therapy:
I have been reading a bit on vision therapy. I understand the skepticism but also understand those who have seen success are strong advocates--and that is always compelling. Our pediatrician was very against it when we approached her. I realize many conventional doctors are not bought in but at the time her reaction left a significant impression on DH and myself. I think we have opened up a bit (especially now that some insurance covers it) and may explore it if June tests leave Ed Psych with same conclusions as a year ago. He has been asked so many times about his vision and he says nothing dances, moves, blurs, etc. But Irealize that this is not conclusive.

connectindots...the underachievement is the term we keep throwing around to describe the discrepency in IQ to ACH results. Perhaps I am using the term incorrectly and it just caught on as school uses it only in conversation with me?

Masterofnone: I have heard of HG+ kids pretending not to be able to read. I am fairly confident that is not our case due to his errors he made and effort I saw put in. However, your second point is and was true. Recently he was assessed by reading tutor. She tested him at end of first, second and third grade reading level. His score never really changed in terms of RPM, errors and comprehension. her was consistently between 130-150 wpm (went up as grade levels went up); he consistently got 4-5 words wrong (most not context changing); and he consistently got 95%+ on comprehension. His reading of short and more instructional text is what I think we need to take a closer look at...

mykids...I believe my son is EG technically with a VCI in the PG range...so not far off (not that it makes a big difference at that aptitude level) What is LB testing? I am not familiar with that? And how was your son's achievement...was it all above grade level and without scatter? Did all LD assessments come back with no LD detection? That seems to be what is throwing everyone in our case...